Did you know that absentee voting is available to all registered voters?
- Any qualified elector (U.S. citizen, 18 years of age, who has resided in the district in which he or she intends to vote for at least 10 days) who is registered to vote is eligible to request an absentee ballot. Under Wisconsin law, voters do not need a reason or excuse, such as being out of town on Election Day, to vote absentee.
- Any voter who prefers to vote by absentee ballot may request one. You have several options for requesting an absentee ballot and casting your vote. You can request an absentee ballot by mail, email, online or fax.
- Voters who are indefinitely confined, meaning they have a difficult time getting to the polls due to age, illness, infirmity, or disability, may request that a ballot be automatically sent to them for each election.
- Indefinitely confined voters do not need to provide a photo ID with their absentee ballot request.
- If you or someone you know are indefinitely confined you will make this designation in box 6 of the application.
- The last day to request and absentee ballot by mail is the 5th day before the election.
- To apply to receive an absentee ballot please fill out the Absentee Ballot Application online and mail it along with copy of photo ID, if applicable to Village Hall.
- Here is a list of Acceptable forms of Photo ID.
In Person Absentee Voting is available at your Municipal Clerk's Office.
Deadlines for returning your absentee ballot.
- You can also vote absentee at your local Municipal Clerk's Office.
- If you apply for an absentee ballot at the municipal clerk's office, you will vote your ballot immediately in the clerk's office, seal your ballot in the proper envelope, and return it to a member of the clerk's staff.
- No ballots may be taken out of the clerk's office.
- You will need to show your acceptable photo ID when voting an in-person absentee ballot.
- Your completed absentee ballot must be delivered no later than 8 p.m. on Election Day.
- The U.S. Postal Service recommends absentee ballots be mailed one week before Election Day to arrive in time.
- It can also be dropped off at Village Hall either in the drop box or at the Clerk's Office.