Financial or Used Book Donations
Financial donations:Click here to learn how to purchase a book or several books in honor of a birthday, in memory of a loved one or in honor of a club or organization.
Used book / movie / music donations:We will gladly accept donations of new or gently used books, movies and CDs. These items can be dropped off at the library during normal business hours. Some donated items may be added to the Library’s collection at the discretion of the staff, but the great majority are sold to raise money for library programs. Please read the donation guidelines below.
What we ACCEPT:
- New or gently used hardcover and paperback books, fiction and non-fiction, for children, young adults and adults
- Antique and collectible books
- Commercially-recorded CDs (music and audio books), DVDs and records.
- Complete and boxed games and toys
- Functional and boxed household goods
- Current (within 3 years) textbooks
- Current (within 5 years) encyclopedia sets
What we DO NOT ACCEPT:
- Damaged books (broken spines, missing covers, stained, mildewed, musty)
- Law Codes or Statutes
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Surplus or discarded material from other institutions
- Outdated textbooks
- Outdated encyclopedia sets
- Outdated computer, business, current events, medical, travel books
- Cassette tapes
- VHS tapes
Value of your Donation
Your donation is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Although we are unable to assign a dollar value to your donation, we are happy to give you a receipt at the time of drop-off.