The Greendale Public Library will gladly accept donations from the public of new or gently used items. These items can be dropped off at the library during normal business hours. Some donated items may be added to the Library’s collection at the discretion of the professional staff, but the great majority are sold to raise money for library programs. Please read the donation guidelines below.
What we ACCEPT:
- New or gently used hardcover and paperback books, fiction and non-fiction, for children, young adults and adults
- Antique and collectible books
- Commercially-recorded CDs (music and audio books), DVDs and records.
- Complete and boxed games and toys
- Functional and boxed household goods
- Current (within 3 years) textbooks
- Current (within 5 years) encyclopedia sets
- Craft items - supplies or tools of any kind
- Used Christmas cards (and other holiday cards)- we will take the pretty pictures and turn them into beautiful bookmarks for our patrons!
- Christmas ribbon, ric-rac, pom-poms, sequins, foamies, etc.- we will use for Dickens! Any craft materials will not go to waste!
- Buttons, bells, pipe cleaners, felt, yarn (any kind- fuzzy, needles, tools)
- Googly eyes, craft sticks, stickers
- Construction paper, scrap book paper
- Any kind of crafting tool, supply, etc.
What we DO NOT ACCEPT:
- Damaged books (broken spines, missing covers, stained, mildewed, musty)
- Law Codes or Statutes
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Surplus or discarded material from other institutions
- Outdated textbooks
- Outdated encyclopedia sets
- Outdated computer, business, current events, medical, travel books and such
- Cassette tapes
- VHS tapes
Value of your Donation
Your donation is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Although we are unable to assign a dollar value to your donation, we are happy to give you a receipt at the time of drop-off.