What is the Purpose of a Friends of the Library Group?
- Friends exist solely to support library needs
- Friends raise funds for library items that are not within the library's regular operating budget
- Friends promote library services in the community
- Friends provide volunteer assistance
- Friends advocate for the library
- Friends facilitate fundraising events from book sales to membership campaigns
- Friends confer with the Library Director and the Library Board of Trustees to decide how funds will be spent
- Friends' activities support the Library Board Strategic Plan and Library Board Policies
To Join the Friends of the Greendale Public Library
Stop in the library to ask about joining or download the Friends Brochure.
The Friends of the Greendale Public Library is a non-profit, volunteer group whose mission is to support the work of the Greendale Public Library. For more information, please email the Friends of the Greendale Public Library.
The Busy Quilting Bees have generously donated quilts for a monthly raffle in which the proceeds will directly benefit the Greendale Public Library. The first raffle proceeds will be used to purchase stools for the new Teen Laptop Bar. The second raffle proceeds will be used to purchase youth furniture.
The Busy Quilting Bees meet at Aurora Health Care, 9200 West Loomis Road in Franklin on the 2nd Thursday of the month both at 9:30 am and 6:00 pm. Also this group quilts at the Polish Center of Wisconsin one day a month. Quilting sessions at the Polish Center are free and ALL are welcome to attend. Judy Roberts is the contact person and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The last raffle ended on May 13th. The next raffle will begin the week of June 5th. Here are some photos of some of the quilts that we raffled off during the first two quilt raffles: