Navigating Mental Health Crisis
Mental Health Emergency Center
Suicide Prevention Lifeline
The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the United States.
Speak to a trained counselor
- Call 988 (multiple languages).
- Send a text message to 988 (English only)
- Use the chat feature at 988lifeline.org (English only)
- 800-273-8255 press 1 for veteran crisis line
If you are thinking about harming yourself — get immediate support. Connect to a crisis counselor 24/7, 365 days a year, from anywhere in the U.S. It is 100% confidential, and 100% free.
- Text "start" to 678-678
- Call 866-488-7386
- Milwaukee 24/7 Crisis Intervention 414-257-7222
Offers emotional support and resources before situations rise to crisis level. Texts received reflect struggles with breakups, relationship issues, job loss, bullying, LBGTQIA+ issues, parental issues, school, friends, or just having a bad day.
- Text "Hopeline" to 741741
Opening up to someone can be scary. Talking about what you’re dealing with is often hard and a little daunting, but at Teen Line we do everything we can to make it as easy as possible for you. Our only goal is to help you in whatever way we can. No issue is too big or too small. We are here to provide hope and support if you are struggling. We are here to help!
- Call 800-852-8336 from 8pm to 12am central time
- or text "TEEN" to 839863 from 8pm to 11pm central time
Being a parent is a critically important job, 24 hours a day. It’s not always easy. Call the National Parent Helpline® to get emotional support from a trained Advocate and become empowered and a stronger parent.
- Call 855-427-2736
- 24-hour, multi-lingual access to family, health and social services in SE Wisconsin – Call 211
- Text your ZIP Code to 898-211
- Click to chat live with a Community Resource Specialist or search the resource directory at www.impactinc.org