Click Here to learn about making memorial or financial donations to the Library.
Click here to make a financial donation online through PayPal. Enter any special information about your donation in the 'Comments' box.
The Village of Greendale and it's Library is a “political subdivision” eligible to receive tax deductible charitable contributions as defined under Section 170(c)1 of the Internal Revenue Code. The Village’s Tax Identification Number can be provided by request.
Used book / movie / music donations:
On behalf of the Friends of the Greendale Library, we will gladly accept donations of new or gently used books, movies and CDs. These items can be dropped off at the library during normal business hours. Some donated items may be added to the Library’s collection at the discretion of the staff, but the great majority are sold to raise money for library programs. Please read the donation guidelines below.
What we ACCEPT:
• New or gently used hardcover and paperback books, fiction and non-fiction, for children, young adults and adults
• Commercially-recorded CDs (music and audio books) and DVDs
• Current (within 3 years) textbooks
• Current (within 5 years) encyclopedia sets
What we DO NOT ACCEPT:
• Damaged books (broken spines, missing covers, stained, mildewed, musty)
• Law Codes or Statutes
• Antique and collectible books
• Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
• Surplus or discarded material from other libraries
• Outdated textbooks
• Outdated encyclopedia sets
• Outdated computer, business, current events, medical, travel books
• Cassette tapes
• VHS tapes
NOTE: We reserve the right to recycle donations that do not meet guidelines.
Value of your donation
Your donation is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Although we are unable to assign a dollar value to your donation, we are happy to give you a receipt at the time of drop-of.