Informal meetings in the library's main levelInformal, organized, quiet meetings of 6 or fewer participants may be allowed in one of three spaces in the library’s main level (Teen Zone conference table, Large Print tables, West exit conference table). These spaces, combined with our mobile screen wall, may provide a viable meeting option when the library's private study rooms or the CLC’s lower level Community Meeting Room are not available or appropriate for your use.
Library main level spaces may be available most days before 2:30PM or after 5:30PM, but cannot be guaranteed or reserved. Please be aware that the library’s Code of Conduct will apply. The meeting must also allow customers to access library resources in the same area. Informal main level meetings are not private by nature of their location. However, this option could be just what your small group needs at the last minute! Please check with us in advance of your meeting to decide if library main level space can work for you.
||Two small, 2-person, quiet, non-reservable rooms. Available on a first-come first-served basis with no time limit.
Please note that these rooms are not appropriate for private conversations, virtual meetings or phone calls.
|Community Meeting Room
||One 57 person capacity room, reservable by Greendale Residents for group meetings.(Socially-distanced capacity of the group meeting room is 24 persons). Room is located on the Lower Level with ADA elevator access.|
- Preview availability of the Community Meeting Room for your preferred dates/times by visiting the Library Events and Community Room Calendar page.
- Read the Community Meeting Room Use Policy.
- Sign & Submit the Community Meeting Room Application (must be a Greendale Resident and must attend the meeting).
- Submit a $50.00 Deposit (cash or check only).
Please keep in mind that a signed application and a $50.00 deposit must be submitted in person or by mail and are required to be on file before confirmation of reservations. Since you are not guaranteed use of the room until you receive a confirmation e-mail, you may want to refrain from sharing the date with your members until it is confirmed.
If you or your group already have an Application and Deposit on file for the calendar year, please contact Library Reference at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at (414) 423-2136 or visit the Library Information Desk in-person to request future reservations for the calendar year. To preview availability of the Community Meeting Room, visit our Library Events and Community Room Calendar page.
Important Community Meeting Room Information:
- The room is available for reservations these days/times:
Monday-Thursday: 9:00am - 7:45pm
Friday: 9:00am – 5:45pm
Saturday: 9:00am- 1:45pm
- Groups may book 90 days in advance.
- Use is limited to 12 times in a calendar year.
- Reservations will be confirmed within 7 business days of the request.
- Doors to the meeting room will be unlocked no more than 30 minutes prior to the scheduled meeting.
- Groups using the meeting room must check-in and check-out at the Library Service Desk using the check-in/out form.
- The security deposit will cover a single meeting or an entire series for one calendar year.
- No social activities such as private parties, birthday parties, showers, etc.