Low Speed Vehicles
The Village Board recently passed Ordinance No. 900: Low-Speed Vehicles.
Ordinance No. 900
A low-speed vehicle (LSV) must meet the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and must have a certification label stating that the vehicle meets those standards.
A golf cart is NOT considered an LSV.
Low-Speed Vehicle fact sheet
Permissible Uses Map
To be eligible for use on streets of the Village, a low-speed vehicle shall have:
- red reflectors on each side and rear
- exterior mirrors
- parking brake
- seat belts
- VIN number
- self-propelled by gas or electric power
- 20 to 25 miles per hour
DMV Information on Titling / Registering the LSV
For operation on Village streets:
- vehicle must be titled and registered
- driver must have a valid driver's license and liability insurance
- only operated on streets having a speed limit of 35 miles per hour or less
- must comply with all ordinances of the Village and applicable State laws
- may never travel on or across expressways, freeways, interstate highways or other controlled-access highways