Refuse and Recycling Information
REFUSE AND RECYCLING YARD HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
Tuesdays & Thursdays: Closed
Saturdays: December - March 9:00 to 1:00 pm, April - November 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
NEW! Beginning the week of May 1, 2023 residents must either use a 65* or 95 gallon Village approved refuse cart, or place individual garbage bags at the curb. No other refuse containers will be permitted.
* The Village is out of 65 gallon carts and will only be selling 95 gallon carts at this time.
- Friday April 7: 7 am to 11 am (re-open Saturday April 8th 8 am to 4 pm)
- Monday May 29: Closed
- Tuesday July 4: Closed
- Monday September 4: Closed
- Thursday November 23: Closed (re-open Friday November 24)
- Friday December 22: 7 am to 11 am
- Monday December 25: Closed
- Friday December 29: 7 am to 11 am
- Monday January 1, 2024: Closed
Please remember to place your household waste and recyclables at the curb by 7 a.m. on your collection day. Refuse and recycling routes do not operate per appointed times and can perform collection at any point in the day. For more information on special pick-ups of yard waste and furniture/appliances please click here.
* MMSD offers Household Hazardous Waste Collection sites: https://www.mmsd.com/what-you-can-do/home-haz-mat-collection
CURBSIDE RECYCLING PROGRAM
The Village of Greendale uses 95 or 65 gallon recycling carts. Recycling is picked up on the same day as your garbage on alternating weeks. Please see recycling schedule above.CURBSIDE GARBAGE COLLECTION
Residents must use either a Village garbage cart, purchased at the Village Hall or online, or use individual garbage bags. Beginning May 1, 2023 no other refuse containers may be used for curbside pickup. To purchase a 95 gallon Village garbage cart you may either stop at the Village Hall from 7:30 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday, fill out the form below and pay online, or mail in the attached form with your payment. The carts have an attached lid and wheels making it easier to bring garbage to the curb. The 95 gallon cart is $73.85 ($70, plus $3.85 sales tax). Carts will be delivered by the Department of Public Works. The carts will be delivered once a week on Fridays, except in cases of holidays or inclement weather.
95 Gallon: Height with lid 45.13", Width 28.50", Depth 33.73"
Contact the Village Hall with any additional questions 423-2100.