Refuse and Recycling Information
REFUSE AND RECYCLING YARD HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday - Friday: 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
April - November 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
December - March 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Friday April 2: 7 am to 11 am (re-open Saturday April 3rd 8 am to 4 pm)
- Monday May 31: Closed
- Monday July 5: Closed
- Monday September 6: Closed
- Thursday November 25: Closed (re-open Friday November 26)
- Thursday December 23: 7 am to 11 am
- Friday December 24: Closed
- Saturday December 25: Closed
- Thursday December 30: 7 am to 11 am
- Friday December 31: Closed
- Saturday January 1, 2022: Closed
2021 RECYCLING PICKUP SCHEDULE AND MAP
Please remember to place your household waste and recyclables at the curb by 7 a.m. on your collection day. Refuse and recycling routes do not operate per appointed times and can perform collection at any point in the day. For more information on special pick-ups of yard waste and furniture/appliances please click here.
* MMSD offers Household Hazardous Waste Collection sites: https://www.mmsd.com/what-you-can-do/home-haz-mat-collection
CURBSIDE RECYCLING PROGRAM
The Village of Greendale The Village of Greendale uses 95 or 65 gallon recycling carts. Recycling is picked up on the same day as your garbage on alternating weeks. Please see recycling schedule above.CURBSIDE GARBAGE COLLECTION
Residents have the choice of purchasing a 95 or 65 gallon rolling cart from the Village or to use their own container. If you choose to use your own, then the following guidelines apply:
- No container shall have a capacity of no less than 20 gallons, but no more than 32 gallons.
- No single container may weigh more than 50 pounds.
To purchase a Village garbage cart you may either stop at the Village Hall from 7:30 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday, fill out the form below and pay online, or mail in the attached form with your payment. The carts have an attached lid and wheels making it easier to bring garbage to the curb. The 95 gallon cart is $58.03 ($55, plus $3.03 sales tax) and the 65 gallon cart is $52.75 ($50, plus $2.75 sales tax). Carts will be delivered by the Department of Public Works. The carts will be delivered once a week on Fridays, except in cases of holidays or inclement weather.
65 Gallon: Height with lid 40.58", Width 26.70", Depth 28.11"
95 Gallon: Height with lid 45.13", Width 28.50", Depth 33.73"
Contact the Village Hall with any additional questions 423-2100.