Village Hall Update
Greendale Village Hall
Greendale, WI 53129
Your bi-weekly news update from the Village of Greendale including important announcements, a look back at recent events and a look forward at the upcoming events in Greendale, Wisconsin.
VILLAGE HALL UPDATE FOR JUNE 11, 2021
As always, we encourage you to tell your friends and neighbors about the Village Hall Update. To sign-up for our Village Hall email list, please click here. Those on our list will receive timely communications from the Village along with a notice when the Village Hall Update has been posted.
Village Board Meeting in Review
At the June 1, 2021 Board meeting the Board approved the following items:
- A bid for a fiber connection project to connect Village Hall to the Community Learning Center (Library, Health and Park & Rec building). This item was included in the 2021 Budget.
- A resolution staff authorizing staff to implement Wisconsin State Statute 61.34(3m) in reference to the Southridge Mall area. This would remove barriers to redevelopment at the Mall. The approval of the resolution directed staff to go through the process to condemn the restrictive covenants in place around Southridge Mall, which restricts types of uses, height of buildings, etc. This will allow the Village to maximize future development opportunities at or around the Mall.
- A renewal of the information technology services agreement with the Greendale School District.
June 15, 2021 Village Board Meeting Preview
Prior to the Village Board meeting the Village President will be holding a Listening Session at Village Hall at 6:00 pm. Residents may ask questions/provide comments, but no decisions will be made at the listening session.
The Board will consider approving:
- A special use/building permit application for the construction of a one unit commercial development located in front of Martin Luther High School. The proposed tenant is Starbucks. A public hearing will be held on this item.
- Annual license renewals for liquor, beverage operator and amusement devices.
- Participating in an economic development survey of Greendale businesses in conjunction with the Greendale Chamber of Commerce and Milwaukee Area Technical College.
- A resolution approving the filing of the Village's 2020 Sanitary Sewer Compliance report required by the Department of Natural Resources.
- Special event permits for Trimborn Farms Arts & Crafts Fair and Shakespeare in the Park at Gazebo Park.
- An amendment to the 4th of July parade staging setup.
- Whether to have fireworks on the Thursday of the Village Days celebration.
- An intergovernmental agreement with the Greendale School District for paving at College Park.
- Whether to make changes to the Village's current water rate structure and/or to include a new meter reading system with our Public Service Commission water rate application.
- Whether to have staff prepare an update to the Capital Improvement Plan for Village equipment, streets and facilities.
To view the full agenda: http://greendale.org/government/agendas_and_minutes/board_of_trustees.php#revize_document_center_rz53
Please Visit the Greendale Health Department Website for updated information regarding COVID-19 testing, vaccines, and resources.
- Big Truck and Bike Safety Day - Saturday June 12th from 9:30 am to 11:30 at the Community Center Park. For more information click here.
- Movie in the Park (Gazebo Park) - Saturday June 12th, Dusk, Sonic the Hedgehog, bring chairs and/or blankets, There will be food for sale prior to the movie. For more information click here.
- Downtown Markets will start Saturday June 19th, on Broad Street from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- GEA Children's Resale - Saturday June 19th & Sunday June 20th. For more information click here.