Village Hall Update
Greendale Village Hall
Greendale, WI 53129
Your bi-weekly news update from the Village of Greendale including important announcements, a look back at recent events and a look forward at the upcoming events in Greendale, Wisconsin.
VILLAGE HALL UPDATE FOR SEPTEMBER 30, 2022
As always, we encourage you to tell your friends and neighbors about the Village Hall Update. To sign-up for our Village Hall email list, please click here. Those on our list will receive timely communications from the Village along with a notice when the Village Hall Update has been posted.
Village Board Meeting in Review
At the September 20, 2022 Board meeting the Board approved the following items:
- A temporary extension of premise for Vintage 38 to serve at Hay Daze on September 24th.
- The sale of the Public Works stump grinder and to purchase attachments for the skid steer that will perform the same functions at a lower cost.
- The event permit for the Step Up to Better Health Run/Walk scheduled for October 23rd (more information below).
- The Halloween parade to begin at 3:30 pm on Sunday October 30th (line up by Jaycee Park beginning at 3pm), and trick-or-treat to be held on Sunday October 30th from 4 pm - 7pm.
October 4, 2022 Village Board Meeting Preview
The Board will consider approving:
- A resolution to add bicycle accommodations to the Grange Avenue road rehabilitation project.
- The addition of pickleball courts at the Community Center. If approved this project would be considered as an alternate project in the Village's 2023 Capital Improvement projects.
- The addition of a dog park at the location of the former tennis courts at College Park. If approved this project would be considered as an alternate project in the Village's 2023 Capital Improvement projects.
- An amendment to the redevelopment agreement with BLVD Southridge LLC (redevelopment of former Boston Store site) to extend the due diligence period of the site.
To view the full agenda: http://greendale.org/government/agendas_and_minutes/board_of_trustees.php#revize_document_center_rz53
Pedestrian Improvements on Broad Street: In a continued effort to improve pedestrian safety a speed table will be installed on Broad Street mid-block between Northway/Schoolway (where the existing crosswalk is). The speed table project costs are 100% funded by Community Development Block Grants. This project will begin in early October and take approximately 3 weeks to complete. While the construction is going on a portion of Broad Street will be closed, and the detour route will be Parking Street. The parking lots for the Downtown businesses will still be accessible during the construction.
Downtown Market: The last Downtown Market of the year will be held this Saturday October 1st from 8:00 am - 12:00 pm on Broad Street.
Residential Paper Shredding Event: Saturday October 8th from 8:00 am - 9:30 am - Municipal Parking lot, Each Greendale Household will be allowed ONLY two (2) Banker-size Boxes full of documents and boxes will be given back to the homeowner to dispose of. Only “Confidential” Documents will be accepted (examples include bank statements, invoices, medical records, credit card offers, and pay-stubs). Staples and small paper clips are okay; remove large clips and binders. PLEASE – no plastics or plastic bags with documents inside will be accepted (as they plug up the machine and create “contaminated”
product-unable to be recycled)!
Fire Department Open House: Saturday October 8th, from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm - Greendale Fire Station, 5911 W. Grange Avenue
Step Up to Better Health Run/Walk: The run/walk will be held on Sunday, October 23rd at Greendale High School. The Run/Walk begins at 10:30a.m. Be sure to come early to participate in the raffle basket drawing. Thank you to all our sponsors, we could not do it without you! For additional information regarding this event, check out the Step Up to Better Health website or contact the Greendale Health Department at 414-423-2110.
Hallowings Pumpkin Festival - October 25th - October 30th, Gazebo Park - Attendees can enter the Pumpkin patch, pick out a pumpkin and bring it into the carving tent. Prepare, design and carve a free pumpkin to leave on our lighted display.
Halloween Parade: Sunday October 30th, 3:30 pm - Line up at Jaycee Park
Halloween Trick or Treat: Sunday October 30th - 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
For more upcoming event information please visit the Greendale Community Event calendar.