Village Hall Update
Greendale Village Hall
Greendale, WI 53129
Your bi-weekly news update from the Village of Greendale including important announcements, a look back at recent events and a look forward at the upcoming events in Greendale, Wisconsin.
VILLAGE HALL UPDATE FOR JANUARY 17, 2023
As always, we encourage you to tell your friends and neighbors about the Village Hall Update. To sign-up for our Village Hall email list, please click here. Those on our list will receive timely communications from the Village along with a notice when the Village Hall Update has been posted.
Village Board Meeting in Review
At the December 20, 2022 Board meeting the Board approved the following items:
- A proclamation proclaiming December 22, 2022 as Jackie Schweitzer Day in the Village of Greendale in recognition of her years of service as Park & Recreation Director.
- Guidelines for the Downtown Market.
- An amendment to Section 11.09 of the Greendale Municipal Code regarding garbage and refuse disposal. The ordinance will mandate the use of either Village refuse carts or individual garbage bags beginning on April 3, 2023. Communication will be provided to those that do not currently own a Village refuse cart.
- The creation of a Hose Tower custodian position. This position would assist with cleaning in between rentals on weekends.
- The creation of a part-time Code Enforcement Officer position.
- A change to the Personnel Manual to remove longevity pay for the Department of Public Works employees.
- An amended and restated operating agreement for Southridge Mall. The Village has approval authority for this agreement based on our ownership of the former Boston Store parcel. This amended agreement will help with the Village's redevelopment efforts of that parcel.
- A Fourth amendment to the Redevelopment Agreement between the Village of BLVD Southridge LLC (developer of former Boston Store site), to amend the timeline for due diligence of the site.
January 17, 2023 Village Board Meeting Preview
The Board will consider approving:
- An amendment to the Village's fund balance policy.
- The purchase of a roll-off truck to replace the Water Department's current dump truck.
- An ordinance removing the listing of fees in the ordinance, all fees are now located in the Village's fee schedule. This ordinance would also repeal the milk license.
- A resolution for the Village Board to exercise referendum options to exceed the estimated levy limit of .0027% for the 2024 Budget, in order to add additional staff in the Fire Department. The Board is considering a resolution for either 3 additional Firefighters/Paramedics or 5 additional Firefighters/Paramedics. If approved the referendum would be placed on the April 4, 2023 ballot and additional information will be provided to residents prior to the election. This item was tabled from the December 20th Board meeting.
- Whether to refer an ordinance amendment regarding special community events to the Plan Commission for review and recommendation.
To view the full agenda: http://greendale.org/government/agendas_and_minutes/board_of_trustees.php#revize_document_center_rz53
Family Wellness Event: Community Alliance and Greendale Schools are hosting a Family Wellness Event on Tuesday, February 7th, from 5:30-7:30pm at Greendale High School. 8th Grade student poster presentations and community vendor tables will be set up in the Auditorium Lobby (main entrance) from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Attendees are encouraged to visit the students’ presentation tables before joining us in the Auditorium at 6:30 p.m. for international keynote speaker and author Joe Beckman. He will take the stage to “reclaim human connection” through a refreshing, authentic, and down-to-earth approach to finding self-worth, resilience, confidence, joy, and human connection. This event is FREE and open to the public!
Radon Education Program sponsored by the Greendale Health Department: Representatives from the Southeastern Wisconsin Radon Information Center will present a Radon program on Thursday, February 2, 2023, at 6:30 PM. The program will be held in the Community Meeting Room located in the lower level of the Greendale Public Library. The event is free and open to the public. Greendale residents will be able to purchase test kits at this event. Please contact the Greendale Health Department at 414-423-2110 to register for this event.
Changes to Curbside Garbage Collection: Beginning April 3, 2023 residents will be required to either use a Village purchased 65 or 95 gallon refuse cart, or leave individual refuse bags at the curb. No other refuse containers may be used for curbside collection. This change will cut down on the amount of work-related injuries, and increase efficiency of the garbage routes. As a reminder refuse may not be placed curbside prior to 6:00 PM on the day before collection, and no later than 7:00 AM on the day of collection.
Community Center Pavilion Rentals: The Village has taken over rental of the pavilion at the Community Center, which was previously handled by the Greendale School District Park & Rec Department. Rental of the pavilion can all be done online by clicking on this link.
Family Wellness Event: Tuesday February 7, 2023, 5:30 - 7:30 PM, Greendale High School (see above for more information on this event)
For more upcoming event information please visit the Greendale Community Event calendar.