Village Hall Update
Greendale Village Hall
Greendale, WI 53129
Your bi-weekly news update from the Village of Greendale including important announcements, a look back at recent events and a look forward at the upcoming events in Greendale, Wisconsin.
VILLAGE HALL UPDATE FOR APRIL 16, 2021
As always, we encourage you to tell your friends and neighbors about the Village Hall Update. To sign-up for our Village Hall email list, please click here. Those on our list will receive timely communications from the Village along with a notice when the Village Hall Update has been posted.
Village Board Meeting in Review
At the April 4, 2021 Board meeting the Board approved the following items:
- The bids for the water main relay project, to replace a water main located in the Greendale woods between Azalea Court and Apricot Court.
- A resolution forwarded from the Community Development Authority to blight the former Boston Store property. This designation opens up opportunities for redevelopment on the site.
- Proclamations for Clean and Green Day, Arbor Day, and for outgoing Trustee Sally Chadwick and President Jim Birmingham for their years of dedicated service to the Village.
April 20, 2021 Village Board Meeting Preview
At the beginning of the meeting new Village President Jason Cyborowski and Trustees Colleen Fechtmeyer and Elaine Unger will be sworn in.
The Board will consider approving:
- A temporary extension of premise permit for Vintage 38 to serve during Petpalooza.
- To consider making any changes to the individuals permitted to use the Refuse and Recycling yard (currently you must be a resident, and reside in a 1-3 family unit home that is served by the Village's curbside garbage/recycling collection). This item was tabled at the April 4, 2021 Meeting.
- An ordinance to eliminate a bonding requirement for Village staff since that is covered under the Village's insurance policies. This item was tabled at the April 4, 2021 Meeting.
- The Village President 2021 Board and Committee Appointments.
- An ordinance to change the composition of the Plan Commission from the Village President, two Village Trustees and 4 residents to the Village President, one Village Trustee and five residents.
- A memorandum of understanding between the Firefighters union and the Village of Greendale regarding the Flex Firefighter position. The Flex Firefighter position was recently created. The person in this position will work a varying schedule and fill in on various shifts in order to provide additional staffing and help save on overtime costs in the Fire Department.
- The contract for the 2021 4th of July fireworks show.
- Review and consider adding solar powered stop signs at various locations in Downtown Greendale.
- Review and consider the addition of pedestrian flashing lights at 76th Street and Parkview Road, pending approval from Milwaukee County since 76th Street is a County Highway.
Curb Ramp Improvements
If you have been to Downtown Greendale this week you may have noticed some construction happening by some of the sidewalks. Over the next several weeks multiple curb ramps in Downtown Greendale are being replaced, including in front of the Health Department entrance. The Village received community development block grant funding to make improvements to curb ramps to bring them up to current ADA standards.
COVID-19 Vaccine Update from the Health Department
Keep checking the Health Department website for links to upcoming clinics being held in Greendale, as well as at the Milwaukee County Sports Complex.