Village Hall Update
SEPTEMBER 29, 2023
Your bi-weekly news update from the Village of Greendale including important announcements, a look back at recent events and a look forward at the upcoming events in Greendale, Wisconsin. As always, we encourage you to tell your friends and neighbors about the Village Hall Update. To sign-up for our Village Hall email list, please click here. Those on our list will receive timely communications from the Village along with a notice when the Village Hall Update has been posted.
Village Board Meeting in Review
At the September 19, 2023 Board meeting the Board approved the following items:
- A special use application from Champion Xpress Car Wash for a site plan, rezoning and comp plan amendment for the site at 6190 W Loomis Rd (just north of Sendiks).
- A resolution to change health insurance plans for Village employees in 2024.
- An amendment to the approval granted for the purchase of a new ambulance for the Fire Department.
- The 10-year roads and infrastructure plan for 2024 - 2033.
- The 2023-2024 tree planting program, to approve the purchase of replacement trees through a green infrastructure grant.
- Special event permits for the Halloween parade (October 29th at 3:30 pm), Hay Days (September 22 and 23) and the residential paper shredding event (October 21st).
- To set the 2023 trick or treat date/time as Sunday October 29th from 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm.
September 19, 2023 Village Board Meeting Preview
The Board will consider approving:
- The lease of 4 Flock Safety automatic license plate reader cameras for the Police Department. The initial funding for this will be paid for from a Safer Communities Grant.
- The addition of either a health savings account or health reimbursement arrangement to go along with the health insurance plan.
- An amendment to the weights and measures ordinance in order to update the license year to match other licenses issued by the Village.
To view the full agenda and packet (NEW! The full Village Board packet can now be accessed from the Village website): http://greendale.org/government/agendas_and_minutes/board_of_trustees.php#revize_document_center_rz53
Election Inspectors: The Village is looking for Election Inspectors to help out at the polling places on Election days! The 2024 elections are February 20th (if needed), April 2nd, August 13th and November 5th. Half day or full day shifts are available. No experience needed, training will be provided. You can fill out a short application by clicking here.
Greendale Downtown Markets: Last market tomorrow! Markets continue every Saturday through September 30, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm, Click here to find a list of some of the great vendors that will be at the Market!
Fire/Police Department Open House: Saturday October 7th, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm, Greendale Safety Center 5911 W. Grange Ave - Food and fund for the entire family!
GEA Children's Resale: Saturday October 7th and Sunday October 8th, Greendale High School, For more information click here.
Step Up to Better Health Run/Walk: Sunday October 22, 10:00 AM, Greendale High School, For more information click here.
For more upcoming event information please visit the Greendale Community Event calendar.