Village Hall Update
Greendale Village Hall
Greendale, WI 53129
Your bi-weekly news update from the Village of Greendale including important announcements, a look back at recent events and a look forward at the upcoming events in Greendale, Wisconsin.
VILLAGE HALL UPDATE FOR OCTOBER 12, 2018
As always, we encourage you to tell your friends and neighbors about the Village Hall Update. To sign-up for our Village Hall email list, please click here. Those on our list will receive timely communications from the Village along with a notice when the Village Hall Update has been posted.
Village Board Meeting in Review
At the October 2nd Board meeting the Board approved the following items:
- Awarded the bid for the 2018 Tree Planting Program, which is being funded through Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District funds.
- To appoint a Trustee to the vacant position by the process of appointment. Applications will be accepted until October 12th at 4:30 pm.
- A parade permit application or Martin Luther Root River Run/Walk on October 13th.
The Board referred a request to amend the Municipal Code as they relate to regulation of vacation rentals to the Village Attorney and the Plan Commission and Plan Consultant for review and recommendation.
October 16th Village Board Meeting Preview
The Board will consider approving:
- An amendment to the Sign Code based on recommendations from our Village Attorney due to a recent Supreme Court case. A public hearing will be held on the ordinance.
- The filling of a vacant Trustee position. The Board will determine whether they will appoint someone at this meeting or set up a special meeting to interview candidates that have applied.
- Creating a part-time position to assist the Welcome Center and Public Celebrations Committee.
- The 2019 employee health and dental insurance rates.
The Village Manager will present his 2019 Recommended Budget. Copies will be available for viewing on the website, at the Library and at the Village Hall beginning October 17th.
There is also discussion, but no action, on the food licensing process and fees and whether to permit low-speed vehicles on local highways.
Leaf Pickup begins the week of October 15th. See the website for more information: www.greendale.org
2019 Budget: The Village Manager’s Recommended Budget will be presented at the October 16th Board meeting. After that Budget Work Sessions are scheduled to go over each Department’s budgets on October 22, October 24 and October 31 at 6:00 pm. A copy of the Recommended Budget will be available for viewing at the Village Hall and Library and on the Village website on October 17th.
Step Up to Better Health Run/Walk: October 21, 10:30 am Greendale High School http://greendale.org/departments/health_department/index.php
Community Flu Clinic: Tuesday October 23rd from 3:30 – 7:00 pm at Greendale High School, Free flu shots for children, $30 for adults
Halloween Trick or Treating: October 28th from 4:00 – 7:00 pm, Halloween parade on Broad Street prior to Trick or Treat at 3:00 pm. (meet at 2:45 pm Jaycee Park)